Translate

Thursday, April 17, 2014

Trip to Vienna from Istanbul / İstanbul'dan Viyana Turu

Because of my job, I had to spend 2 weeks in Vienna. I haven't been there since 2010, and back then I had to stay 2 days in Vienna, so I was really excited to see the city again :) I already had some plans before I go which I didn't have a time to do last time :)

I flew there by Turkish Airlines, which I recommend everyone to do so, I think Turkish Airlines is one of the best airways in the world, with respectful crew, comfy seats and delicious foods! Awww I love the food :) Do&Co is the catering company of Turkish Airlines, and I think they're really good at that.

It took about 2,5 hours to get there (from take-off to landing). It was a peaceful flight. As soon as I got there, I took a cab went directly to my hotel. It took about 45 euros from airport to the hotel, my hotel was very close to the center of the city, it was on Mariahilfer street. The taxi driver was Turkish too, he was very polite.

By subway you can go almost every where at the center of the city, I mean to all touristic places. Because my hotel was very close (like one block away) to the subway station, I didn't have a hard time to travel through. My hotel gave me a pass card for the subway, so I could travel where ever I wanted and as much as I wanted, which was really cool :) If you're a tourist, it's really easy to travel in Vienna by subway.

Luckily the weather was really nice during my visit, I've been there at the end of March, the temperature was, let's say 18-20 Celsius. I'm gonna give you a list of things which you must do in the city:

1. Visit Schönbrunn castle, climb up to the hill
2. Go into the labyrinth in the garden of Schönbrunn (it was about 10 euros)
3. Visit Naschtmarkt on Saturday, and there is also a big flea bazaar there
4. Rent a bike from city bike stations, ride your bike around the city
5. See if there is a festival going on in Rothaus
6. Eat schnitzel in Figlmüller
7. Buy some Manner wafers
8. Taste wine in Grinzing
9. Visit natural history museum and art museum
10. Walk on Graben and Karntner streets, go inside Stephen's Cathedral
11. Go to opera/ballet in state opera house
12. Eat sacher torte in Demel pastry house

Schönbrunn Castle:
Labyrinth:
 Garden of Schönbrunn:
 Dinosaur leg in Natural History Museum:
 Bicycle tour:
Beautiful Gardens of Vienna:
 Stephan's Cathedral:
 Manner wafers:
 Figlmüller Schnitzel:
 State Opera House:
 Schönbrunn's Garden:
 Naschmarkt:




Have fun in your trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment